What is Physiotherapy
Physical therapy (PT), also understood as physiotherapy, is a physical treatment process that, by using mechanical force and movements (bio-mechanics and such or kinesiology), manual therapy, exercise therapy, and electrotherapy, remediates or internally heals impairments and promotes revitalized mobility and function. Physical therapy is used to improve a patient’s quality of life through examination, diagnosis, prognosis and physical intervention. It is performed by physical therapists (known as physiotherapists in many countries). In addition to physiotherapy clinical practice, other activities encompassed in the physical therapy profession include research, education, consultation and administration.
Physical therapy services may be provided as primary care treatment or alongside, or in conjunction with, other medical services. Physiotherapy or physical therapy or PT in its abbreviated form is a health care process which deals with improving the physical condition of the body by means of increasing the mobility of the body and functional ability by different types of physical involvements that are carried out by a physiotherapist. This sort of treatment is mainly required by a child or an old person who is having problems with his physical movements. Along with that an adult who has suffered a serious injury and is in the process of recovery also needs the help of Physiotherapy Injury clinics to get some relief from pain and to get back to normal life. Physiotherapy treatment mainly involves treatment of neck pain, back pain, shoulder injury along with different types of sports associated injury such as sprain, strain, or any other serious injury. Such is the importance of physiotherapy in today’s world, that most of the top tier sports club has in their team of fitness experts, a physiotherapist. There are various clinics who deal with the treatment of different sorts of physical
injuries by different means of physiotherapy.
These clinics have chartered and state registered physiotherapist with them who are the best in the business. The Physiotherapy Injury clinics always search for new and
better means to treat their patients. They are always on the lookout for modern ways that will help the patients to get rid of pain and also to get them back to the normal life as fast as possible. You can visit any of the different clinics that deals and specializes in the field of physiotherapy in your area the next time you have your back pain or knee pain.
If you liked this video on physio, this just so happens to be one of the best Sydney physio clinics in town
In the physiotherapy clinics, the treatment is done in a structured way. So if you visit any such clinic for the first time you will see that the physiotherapist is performing certain types of initial check-up and you will be asked about your medical condition and past medical history. The physiotherapist then formulates a treatment process that will be suited to you and will also see to the fact that you are able to recover pretty soon. Not
only that a proper physiotherapist will also try to solve your problem once and for all. Each session in Physiotherapy Injury clinics will be of about 45 minutes to 1 hour duration. So you can well judge the amount of
attention that will be given to you. There are varieties of types of physiotherapy treatment procedures like that of manual therapy, exercise rehabilitation, acupuncture being the notable ones. Manual therapy deals with
the problems of joints and helps in gaining mobility and pain relief. Exercise rehabilitation is the process in which you are required to do different forms of home based or gym exercises to strengthen muscles. Acupuncture, which was started around 300BC, deals with dry needling the symptomatic areas and helps in pain relief and healing process. Electrotherapy is among the modern techniques of physiotherapy. Thus you can very well see the usefulness of physiotherapy in the field of treatment.
Sports Injuries That Would Require Physiotherapy If No Warm ups Are Carried Out
Sports injuries are injuries that commonly occur when an individual is exercising or playing sports. These injuries can be caused by accidents, lack of training, using improper equipment or the fact that the body lacks the conditioning it needs. They may also be caused by insufficient stretching and warm-ups. Common types of injuries are dislocated joints, torn ligaments, muscle sprains, tears in the tendons area, and fractured bones. The Importance of Good Exercise and Good Warm Ups. Sports injuries can be avoided through proper warm-ups and exercise. To reduce the likelihood of injury while exercising or playing sports, doing warm ups is very important. As a general rule, it should last at least 10 minutes. It should include stretching exercises to prepare your muscles before proceeding to do strenuous activities. As much as possible, do warm ups slowly and then start to build up your pace.
Here are 5 lists how sports injuries can be avoided through warm ups:
1. Improves blood circulation – When you start to perform warm up exercises like jogging or walking, there is improved blood circulation throughout your muscles, ligaments, and tendons. This will slowly help in relaxing them thus reducing the possibility of a tear.
2. Helps in preparing your body mentally – When you are planning to perform a strenuous activity like hiking or cycling in a steep hill, warm ups can be used as a form of mental preparation. This in turn increases your awareness and focus, thus reducing the risk of suffering attention-related injuries.
3. Improves your range of motion – When you do warm ups it helps your body become more limber. If you notice that you can barely tie your shoe lace after sitting all day at work, it is because your body had limited movement.
4. Helps improve body awareness – If you are planning to play soccer or football, it takes a while before your body starts to perform optimally. When you do some stretching and warm up exercises it can help build up your body coordination and balance.
5. Helps enhance muscular performance and power – It has been proven that doing warm ups can help you lift more weights and improve overall performance. If you want to succeed in getting stronger and with more resilient muscles, doing routine warm ups can certainly help in achieving your goal.
However, keep in mind that when exercising you must take your time. Do not push yourself too hard. When getting in shape or learning a new sport, it usually takes a while. So do not over exert. You would end up injuring yourself as your body is still trying to get used to the exercise or sports you are into. You must learn to listen to your body. If you notice that your body is showing signs of getting overworked, slow down your pace.
List of Types of Warm Up Exercises:
• Lunge with a Twist – This exercise is a combination of a forward lunge and horizontal twist. It works by stretching your hip flexors, the muscles of your upper and lower back. It also activates the muscles of your legs, glutes, hips, and core rotation.
• Hip Stretch with a Twist – This particular exercise works best especially for working individuals who sit around throughout the day. This exercise helps in slowly opening up the muscles of your hips and groin. It benefits the muscles of your upper and lower back.
• T-Push Ups – This exercise is great for your upper body especially your shoulders. It stretches your muscles slowly by activating your entire upper body core.
• Advance Jump Squats – This plyometric exercise is good for the lower body. This exercise is performed in a fast manner. Hence, it requires a force production and power.
• Advance Jump Lunges– This exercise is another example of a plyometric exercise that is also good for the lower body. It requires great balance and coordination. This can help stabilize the muscles of your legs and hips.
What Should I do when I have a Sports Injury?
If you suffer a sports injury, you should consider getting a physio. Physiotherapy is a method of treatment that focuses on movement to help restore an individual’s physical strength, function, motion, and to address other physical issues. It is actually a form of rehabilitation. It is a holistic approach to a person’s health and well-being. This includes the overall lifestyle of the patient.
Sports injuries can be the most devastating challenge in the career of professional athletes. A Liverpool sports physio clinic can help resolve many of the issues and put the athlete on the road of recovery within
no time. The doctors and other medical professional experts in Liverpool have years of experience and expertise in dealing with different medical conditions and providing the needed treatment. Physiotherapy is a health care profession related to the therapeutic use of physical agents or other related means like massage and exercise etc. Physiotherapy which is also known as physical therapy is helpful in the treatment of physical injury, disability, malfunction or pain by different physical techniques like the exercise, massage and also hydrotherapy. Liverpool Physiotherapists are the skilled medical professionals and are expert in treating different physical injuries that can be treated using physiotherapy.
What Sports Physiotherapy Clinic Does?
Most fundamentally, Liverpool sports physiotherapists help in the recovery process of athletes and help them gain the strength and functionality of the affected part. Those suffering from musculoskeletal injuries can undergo different treatments such as massage or manual therapies, besides electrotherapy. After a series of tests, athletes can recoup and start practicing as quickly as possible. Sports physiotherapy clinic can be frequented by people belonging to all walks of life. Now a days, problems such have back pain have become all too common and a physiotherapy clinic can offer relief from the pain. Physiotherapists are well trained personnel who can assess and diagnose a patient’s condition and then plan and execute a treatment program that will provide relief from pain and restore bodily function to the highest level. Physiotherapy is beneficial for a host of conditions such as neck and back pain, sports injuries, headaches, post operations, muscle and joint pain, arthritis, acute or chronic injury, posture and alignment problems, sciatica, children’s injuries, osteoarthritis etc.
Some injury clinics also have qualified Liverpool podiatrists in their team of doctors. Podiatry deals with the mechanism governing the lower limbs and feet. Podiatrists are people who diagnose and treat problems such as bone and joint problems, skin and nail problems, neurological and circulatory conditions, calluses, corns, ingrown toenails etc. Podiatry Liverpool services may prescribe orthotics to stop pressure lesions, pain and deformity in individuals due to faulty foot biomechanics. When children with specific feet problems are diagnosed and treated by podiatrists, they can avoid potential problems later on in life. Even athletes and sports persons can avail the services of Liverpool podiatrists who can recommend suitable footwear for them to reduce pressure on their feet.
Reputed sports clinics also have dietitians who can provide a comprehensive assessment of various dietary issues, determine a program based on the findings and focus on your concerned area. They can provide services not only to sports-persons but also to the average layperson who may be interested in getting the right nutrition and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. They can also advice on foods that can be taken for specific ailments that will make the person get the proper nutrition that the body requires. For any injury or diet related issue in Liverpool, you can visit a physiotherapy center to get quick relief.